Sunday 4 March 2012

Day 4: Diet Diary




I am a real gadget freak, no two ways about it. I have all the widgets you could want, from my beloved iPad to my rather battered but much loved mp3 player.  The odd thing is that when I really need to focus on something, and make sure it gets done, remembered or generally sit in the forefront of my rather ragged mind, nothing is better than paper and pen.

My new health kick is important to me and so it doesn’t get caught up in all the other daily debris that ends up in my diary, I have decided to note down my daily statistics in a separate diet diary.  

Today, work was very busy indeed and I could feel the 2nd floor biscuit tin calling to me.  Before I could be tempted by a jammy dodger (or two) I took myself into town to the stationary shop to buy something cheerful to record my daily weigh in. The lack of biscuits is definitely making me grumpy and so I decided something to make me smile was the way to go.

I was rather taken aback by the choice of diaries available. Who would have thought there could be so many different ways to remind yourself you have a dentist appointment. I stood there for several minutes, my mental faculties clearly diminished by 4 days without any form of processed sugar. I must have been looking quite dazed as a helpful shop assistant asked if I was OK.  I nodded, grunted and tried to focus. Now, a week to view seemed a good option. I discounted business diaries (too much like work), floral Edwardian style (too icky) and the one covered in pictures of cupcakes (too much like torture).  Eventually I went for A Simon’s Cat diary. It has just the right amount of room to note down weight, Body Fat % and BMI, with a nice notes section under Sunday to summarise the week’s successes and lack of biscuit intake. Also, who can’t be cheered by Simon’s Cat?

Be happy.
Miss D.

No comments:

Post a Comment