Sunday 19 February 2012

Day 1: Oh McVities Where Art Thou?


It’s Sunday, and it is Day 1 of the biscuit famine in our house. The remainder of a box of biscuits we had at Christmas has been wrapped and stored at the back of the most awkward cupboard in our kitchen. I am going to have to be desperate to get all the pots and pans out in order to get at them. Fundamentally I am lazy, so they are fairly safe.
Today has been another day of planning. I work in an office with multiple sandwich bars literary outside the door, so the temptation to wander out and buy a nice baguette for lunch is huge. They are all made freshly and taste wonderful, but I dread to think how many useless calories there are in them. So, I channelled the spirit of Nigella, although to be fair I am probably more the Swedish Chef from the Muppets, and made all of my packed lunches for the week. They are now nestled in our fridge ready for me to grab in the morning. I know I am going to find the lack of Hobnobs a problem tomorrow, so I have bought some nice fruit to see if that eases the pain. I rather like grapes as they are a little like sweets, and also kiwi fruit.
The old advice that if you deny yourself something you want it all the more seems to be holding true. Biscuits and all things sugary are at the forefront of my mind. I fear I may even dream about them tonight. Is it possible to lose your sanity due to lack of biscuits?
Be Happy,
Miss D
Today's Weight: 12 stone 10.8lb

No comments:

Post a Comment