Monday 20 February 2012

Day 2: Oh Nurofen, Where Art Thou?


The sugar withdrawal headache really kicked in today. It hit a peak about 3pm and I was desperately pulling my office apart searching for any sort of pain killer when one of my colleagues came to see me. I think it fair to say that I almost took his head off. It probably did look quite odd. My desk had the contents of my handbag plus two desk drawers worth of detritus on it and panic was setting in as I was down to my last hope – the bottom drawer that I never use...
He looked a little shaken and slightly concerned as I told him I was busy and would find him later. I had my priorities and it didn’t include discussing the latest design details of the project we were working on when I was suffering the revenge of the biscuit addiction.
Eventually a member of the team I work in realised I was in distress and came in with a selection of over the counter medication. I was so grateful I could have sobbed.
I then went and apologised to my colleague, citing major headache as an excuse. He took it well, although I suspect he now has me labelled as “highly strung”, really he should have me labelled as “biscuit deficient”.
Be happy.
Miss D.
Weight today: 12 stone 10.8lb

No comments:

Post a Comment